Take a look at your friends and family. They probably all have different hobbies that they are bragging about. You might be so busy with work and the kids that you probably don't have any time to take up anything new. You just don't have time for storm chasing or mountain climbing like your friends. Luckily, there are some hobbies that you can do right from the comfort of your own home. This way, you can still be at the school in time to pick up the kids. You can still have time to make dinner for your family at night. But at least you will have a little joy for yourself during the day. Let's face it, everybody needs a hobby to make their life a little happier! Here are 9 hobbies you can do right at home:
1. Crafting. Pinterest! You are already pinning things left and right so why not actually do one of the things you pin?
2. Gardening. This is good for the soul. You can even start growing your own vegetables to save money on groceries and eat healthier.
3. Painting: it's not just for kids. You don't have to be the next Picasso, but painting can be really fun! If paint scares you, then use your child's crayons to make your own creations.
4. Dancing. There are a lot of really cool DVDs that can teach you how to dance or you can simply put on some music and prance around your home!
5. Writing. Keeping a journal is a stress reliever. If you don't like the idea of having a journal, then write your own stories. Experiment and see if you are good at making up a childrens' story for your kids and read it to them before bed.
6. Cooking. If you don't know how to already, you should definitely learn. It will always be a useful tool on your personal resume and who knows? You might actually be really good and start whipping up meals left and right for all the bake sales and fundraisers.
7. Playing. Go play with your kids when they get home from school. Running around the backyard is good for your health and fun to do with your little ones.
8. Yoga. On the opposite end of playing, yoga can be equally good for your mind, body, and soul. Take a few minutes every day to relax. You'll be glad you did.
9. Photography. If you don't have a camera, there are tons of great apps to use to make your photos look really awesome!
Tag lines: hobbies, home, activities, ideas, happy, downtime, creative, personal